S7 200: PC/PPI Cable not recognized

mmarinr

Hi there!

I'm having a really hard time trying to communicate my laptop with an S7 200 Siemens PLC CPU 224.

The thing I can't enter the Communications configuration cause I keep getting this "Specified Access Point Not Found". I have a PC/PPI cable plugged to my USB port but it doesn't work.

To make it worse I can't even change a thing in the "Set PG/PC Interface". Once in there I try to Add the PC/PPI interface but it gives me this "Not enough administrator rights" which is weird cause my computer is brand new and has no restrictions.

Maybe the computer being that new may be the problem. Here are the specs for my computer:

DELL N5010 Windows 7 Home Premium
Intel Core i5 2,66GHz
RAM 8GB
System type: 64-bit

Any help would be highly appreciated!!!

Last edited:
Not all versions of MicroWin as compatible with more up to date versions of Windows. First though, instead of just starting MicroWin, Right Click it and 'Run as administrator'. Hopefully that will let you change to the USB PC/PPI connection.

Not all versions of MicroWin as compatible with more up to date versions of Windows..

What version (service pack) do you have? I have one running on W7 and everything works great but the PPI cable... its just not even there to pick, I think its SP5 or 4

Now that Siemens does not let the service pack be a download I think you will need to contact Siemens for a newer version

Run the Micro-Win in compatibility mode with Windows Xp service pack 3 or 2. Windows 7 does have administrator issues. And also check your firewall settings and make sure it is not preventing it. If there is still problem try checking the DP switches of PPI cable with the selected baud rate, it'll definitely solve your problem.