AB PLC Timing

angi

Hi Guys

One question about AB PLC internal clock:
Does the AB PLC clock update automatically when it change to summer saving time?

Thanks

Hi Guys

One question about AB PLC internal clock:
Does the AB PLC clock update automatically when it change to summer saving time?

Thanks

As a general rule no, there were some changes to the ControlLogix for V16 and above to add that feature.

There is a Logix5000 Clock Update Tool available for Download from AB. It will also do SLC and PLC5 Clocks. I use it, and it works fairly well.

Stu....

I just download updates for my Logix500, where is the new clock tool?
Thanks

From sthompson's post:
There is a Logix5000 Clock Update Tool available for Download from AB. It will also do SLC and PLC5 Clocks. I use it, and it works fairly well.
I could not find the clock tool for SLC.

From sthompson's post:
I could not find the clock tool for SLC.

That is the name of the Program, and as I explained in Post #2, as well as Logix, it will also do SLC500 and PLC5 PLCs.

Stu....

Screen Shot:

Here is my Clock Update Tool. As you can see, it is looking after several Logix, PLC5, and SLC500 PLCs.

Stu....

Clock.JPG

You could also add PLC Code to perform the time change on the appropriate Date and Time for your area.

Stu....