Is there a market for written software ...

userxyz

Hi All,

I'm just wondering, I have some ideas in standard software development, tools for stand-alone machines, tools for the process industry, etc... tools that I would write in C#/SQL and connected with OPC. Tools that could be used in some small factory's I think, small factory's where ERP and MES is overkill, but where a network cable to the office would make things more easy... I'm thinking on tools like: Ordertool for a sawmachine, tool for logging stepactions, etc...

Is there a market for these softs, without the need of inventing things that are allready invented ?

Sure, an ordertool can be made with a scadasoft, but I would make a small tool, a lot cheaper...

Is there a market for such, what do you guys think ?

Regards,
Combo

Simply - Yes
But - This sort of thing is often driven by the Customers Ideas.
If this is not properly Scoped, the work becomes both expensive and augumentative as to Who is going to pay for the
"EXTRA" work.
Good luck if You get away with an hourly Rate -

In addition, many potential customers may be turned off by limited support, and possibly developer support.

In our industry, this is reviewed prior to any software purchase. So, in short, there may be a market that would potentially be difficult to break into.

This may be a good idea?
What would you like to see in this area?
What industries would this fit?
What to avoid?
How to implement?