Sequencing Outputs

icehube

I am trying to sequence outputs so that 16 relays will come on one after another. At the moment i have 16 timers controlling the outputs but wanted to see if there is a way to simplify this. Here is the program and the the light_timers subroutine is where the relays sit. Thanks guys.

I can't view your attachment ( don't have RSLogix5000), does the first light turn off when the second comes on and so on?

Use one timer and compare or limit instructions to compare the timer's ACC value.

I do that as a demonstration of the power (and the danger) of Indirect Addressing.

Local:4:O.Data.[BitNumber]
-----------------------( )--

thanks for the tips guys. Works great with what i needed. Its jsut for a trainer and test plc so if i break it, it wont matter...lol But as always thanks.

I'd use a bit shift instruction, right or left depending on which way you want the outputs to come on.

I am trying to sequence outputs so that 16 relays will come on one after another. At the moment i have 16 timers controlling the outputs but wanted to see if there is a way to simplify this. Here is the program and the the light_timers subroutine is where the relays sit. Thanks guys.

Ice: Thar´s the way your program is done, to tell the truth the do not get on at the same time, but your preset times are so small that they seem to turn on at the same time,do not forget they are expressed in milliseconds. If you change them to several seconds you will see the difference.

I would use SQO, may be it takes a bit to set up data table but once is ok no problem after all.

Could use a sequencer. We sometimes use them for "practice" making the indicators come on, on output cards on a SLS to leave "messages" for each other. hehe
Would work just as well there for what you are doing if I read your project correctly.

i have never setup a sequncer on 5000 how hard is it? to say use on input and then fire the relay outputs?