Is SQL Server OPC Client compliant?

greg71

I have a client that is running Microsoft SQL Server on the computer, and logging some live data. Now, he wants to connect this PC to a modicon PLC via modem, and say use the Kepware OPC server with Modbus driver to read the data from the PLC. But, he would like to also write some data from the SQL Server into this PLC. He doesn't need the full blown HMI application for it; all what we need is to write periodically one value from SQL Server into OPC Server/PLC. I understand that this SQL server has to act like an OPC client; is this correct?

TIA
Greg

Greg,

Kepware also has a driver that is part of their KepserverEX product called ODBC, which is an interface for databases.

You can download the manual through the following link:

http://www.eternity-sales.com/Kepware/kepwaredownloads.htm

It is entitled - ODBC Client Driver OPC Server Suite

If you find that you will be in need of a third driver, I would suggest the Manufacturing Suite in that it will be less expensive than purchasing three drivers individually.

http://www.eternity-sales.com/kepware/serverbundles-ms.htm

Hope this helps.

Shalom and God Bless,