How to update drivers on RS Logix 7.10 to 8.10

djacob

I bought two Micrologix 1400s.
I am having difficulty activating the RS Logix Starter software which I bought.
I do have RS Logix 500 on an older laptop which is used to service some four-year old SLC 5/04s .
The old software is 7.10.00(CPR 7).

How can I update the drivers to make them 8.10 compliant so I can use them to work on my new logic for the ML 1400s?

Widelto,
This is just my second day on this site .
I am enthused by the prompt responses from fellow automation professionals.
My software is licensed.
I will go on the AB site and download, ..... again.
I tried yesterday but I got a zip file which seems to not be extracting in a complete extraction.

I will try again or call the helpline.

Many thanks again.

Daniel

I tried yesterday but I got a zip file which seems to not be extracting in a complete extraction.

this may be a wild goose chase – but I've been having intermittent problems for the last year or two with extracting certain ZIP files ...

the quirk seems to be that the files where originally saved using the built-in Windows Compressed Folders feature – but my computer was trying to extract the files using the WinZIP software I had installed as the default ZIP handler ...

as a workaround, I've had pretty good success by opening the ZIP/Compressed folder – and then using the built-in Windows extraction feature to recover the files ...

you might want to try that on your downloaded file ...

DISCLAIMER: the above is written from memory ... I haven't had to do this lately – so there might be an error or two in my description of the problem ...

I remember reading some time ago that WinZIP and Windows had always used the same compression/extraction algorithms in the past – but that they had decided to go their separate ways ... maybe this is part of the problem I've been seeing ...