FactoryTalk ME Parameter Page

mrmss

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,

When comissioning engineers need to fine-tune parameters such as timers and some process tolerances and such-like, I sometimes have to incorporate a Parameter Page. The commisioning guy would find the parameter to tune and then modify it. Theres usually a manual record of the parameters.

I dont want to start a discussion about why people dont use the PLC to make these changes, these are the constraints I have imposed on me.

In Siemens/WinCC I would use the tag multiplexing features which would allow me to have just a drop-down list and a textbox. The drop-down list is a kind of array pointer and the textbox populates with the corresponding value. Commissioning guy can then display/edit the values without having to delve into the PLC program.

Can anyone advise the best way to do this in FactoryTalk ME as there doesnt appear to be any feature out of the box which will help me with this task.

I'm almost reduced to creating a textbox per parameter, and I have 100s.

Thanks!

How are your parameters stored in the PLC? Are they elements of an array or are they individual dint's int's etc.? If they are elements of an array, just indirect address to them.

Could you use one of the List Selector type controls in ME to navigate and change the values?

Did you ever get a solution for this problem? I have the exact same problem. I am facing the same issue. All I get from Rockwell is that I should have used RS View or FT view SE. Wish I had known that $6900 ago.

The original poster never answered questions about how his data is set up; arrays, or individual tags. How is your data represented in the logic controller ?

The Selector List and Piloted Selector list are the usual methods for working with arrays of data. Have you explored how they function in FactoryTalk View ME ?

I am indexing a punching machine. I have 3 single dim arrays XAxis, YAxis, and Punch Selection. Each array has one hundred data points.

There are numerous part numbers for this machine with different punching coordinates.

The recipe plus is a joke for this application. So I am using the active x control to pull the data into the hmi from the storage card on .csv files.

Got that much working, I need to set up a rolling display so the operator can see where he is. I would like to have the data displayed

Index pos x axis y axis punch selection

I am using three piloted list selectors, one for x one for y and one for punch selection. At the moment and using the index pos tag from the plc to step all three simultaneously. I put a string in each state so it will display the data in that location.

I can turn off the remote control bit and give the operator control to select up and down the list selector. but I cant do indirect addressing to actually execute an edit for that data location. I have thought about using parameter files to call up an edit screen, but I always end up needing to address something indirectly to get it to work.

Hope you can understand my ramblings. I will post screen shots in a moment. it is on my other pc.

Appologese for never reposting, just logged on here after a very long time indeed!
At the time I originally posted this I was on a learning curve and didnt even have the data laid out in the Project. The first two questions gave me enough inspiration to find a solution and I selfishly forgot to report back.

I was using FactoryTalk View Studio - ME.
I used a Piloted List Selector, Move Up, Move Down and Enter buttons on a screen (ended up with several parameter screens). A Numeric Input Cursor point object on the screen would be used to display the parameter the user moved up/down and Entered into. The user would select the Numeric Input Cursor and enter the parameter.

In the Piloted list selector I created a State for each parameter. I had a connection on Value which is a dint in the PLC program. This dint is a pointer to an array in the PLC program which would be used to decide which value element of an array gets displayed/written.

I also built a Confirmation prompt mechanism behind the Piloted List Selector Enter/Enter handshake connections, but this was a huuuuuuge effort...luckily for the development of my FactoryTalk View skills (and bank balance!), my client was extremely particular, fussy and didn't like things nice and simple.