Alternative solution to log into SCADA system than password. (Electronic Access CTL)

Hi All,

I'm looking for an alternative way to gain access to a SCADA system. I can't use passwords because customers will be looking over shoulder sometimes and I cant have people seeing login information. Perhaps something like a one wire bus iButton from Maxim. Has anyone had any experience integrating something like this into PLC\SCADA.

I have an RS232 interface I can use but if such a device existed with some "intelligence" I could hard wire to an input card it would be great.

Thanks

Hi
I use a password for all commissioning/handover then change it for our service password. An alternative i have seen is to press and hold company logo or similar for a time> if it must be secure use a card scanner or barcode reader

Try a google search for fingerprint or biometric readers, most come with RS232 interfaces, although I'm not sure how you'd get the software to integrate (you may have to write a routine of your own?)