S7 Structure -cont'd

ged

Hello,
Is there any way to clear the contents of a structure with one instruction? If I have a structure of say several bools or several ints, I cannot move a zero to the stucture (addressing the symbolic name), rather I have to clear each element individually. Seems a bit laborious this way. You can do it with Rockwell Software.
Thanks if anyone has ideas.

There are SFC20 BLKMOV and SFC21 FILL.
BLKMOV copies an entire chunk of memory, so if you have an entire block, or a memory area (with zeroes) the same size of the block to clear, you can use that.
FILL copies repeatedly a smaller memory area into a bigger memory area.

If you have SCL, it takes just a few lines to write code to loop through a larger memory area and write zeroes.

Ok thanks for the solution. I want to reset any shutdown alarms that may be latched in a data structure. I will try it out tomorrow.