GE Versamax micro?

jcraft

Hi all,

Just putting together a little project with a Versamax UDD020 plc. I have been able to load the project and run everything however, this is where the problem lies. When unplugging the machine and plugging back in to power the plc does not go into run mode. When I log in the plc is faulted showing a configuration mismatch error. Once I clear the error and restrt the plc from ME 6.5 all is well again until power is removed. Any ideas what the config. mismatch means. Thanks.

Configuration mismatch means that the hardware configuration file you downloaded to the PLC doesn't agree with the what the CPU detects is actually present.

Expand the hardware configuration item in the project navigator to view the contents of the file. Modify as necessary and download to the PLC.

I expanded the hardware config in the project which shows the PLC and its components. When I pick the appropriate model PLC in adds all the I/O and other modules automatically. That looks correct. If I right click the CPU and go to configure it brings up the window where you can change all the cpu parameters. I haven't modified anything in that. Would something need to be changed within the parameter area or just with the hardware configuration itself.

Did you download the configuration to the PLC? If you think you did, are you sure there were no messages in the feedback area warning you that the download was not attempted due to some error condition? If you performed a successful download, when you're online with Machine Edition, down in the lower right area of the screen it should "Config Equal". If it says "Config not Equal", there is a difference.

Try creating a new project and upload the configuration from the PLC to it. Then check for differences between what you got from the PLC and the project file you want to use.

Found the problem with this. In the cpu parameter setup, port 2 defaults to Ethernet. I changed port 2 to none as I am using the serial port for comm. Once I did this the PLC did not fault with power loss or report a mismatch. Our GE vendor advised this and does not know why GE set it up this way.