Confusing Digital Voting logic Question?

MOeZ

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,

I have a question to implement digital logic. these are.....I have total 8 inputs and my question is any 2 of 8 inputs is true, the output will be true. i write it down in STL and i think my STL is a bit funny? so is there any other way to implement this logic in FB and so that i can easily made 2 out of total numbers input is true......output will true?
my STL is
A(
O INPUT1
O INPUT2
)
A(
O INPUT1
O INPUT3
)
A(
O INPUT7
O INPUT8
)
= OUTPUT1

The easiest would be using a count. Zero it then have eight statements. If an input is ON then add 1 to the count. At the enc check the number. I am not sure if you mean 'at least two' or 'only two' but either way checking the total count makes this easy.

Try a bit hack.

I AND NOT (I-1) will return a word with only the LSB set.

N := I AND NOT (I-1)
If I >0 and I <> N then two or more bits must be set.