PanelViewPlus1500 and 1761net eni comms

onit68

Ok, having probs with communications between a PVPlus 1500 through a 1761-Net-ENI Ser D Rev. C to a MicroLogix 1200 plc. Im using RSLogix 500 and RSView Studio 4.0. Created short cut on RSLinx Enterprise and can see the node. When adding child, option for this particular Net Eni is not listed/supported. Any Idea where to get a patch for this prob or does software have to be updated? Could not find download on Rockwell Automation web site. Also no folder is created in the tag browser when configuring a numeric display. Not a new installation but upgrading to ethernet.

I strongly recommend an upgrade of FactoryTalk View Studio to version 6. You can still create runtime projects for older PanelView terminals (all the way back to v3.0) but the FactoryTalk View Studio software is much more stable in v6 than it was in v4. Do an inventory of the other FactoryTalk-dependent software you have before doing an upgrade; you want everything to be the same "coordinated product release".

There were a couple of problems with the Net-ENI and RSView Studio in the "CPR7" release, which includes RSView Studio ME version 4.0. The symptoms were similar to what you describe; only the Net-ENI shows up in the browse and the data tables aren't listed.

RA Knowledgebase article 29966 describes the basics of this data table browsing problem and the essentials of a workaround.