SLC 5/1 & C-More Fault

SouthPahw

"PLC-499: Error Code 0X0010 Returned from PLC"
I have a SLC 5/1 connected to a 8" C-More Panel.
All works good, except when I go to my C-More pages that have I/O indicators on them. Then at the very top of screen I get the Error Code mentioned above. I looked at the Error Codes in the RSLogix Help, but did not see any which I thought would apply. Also my Indicators do not work, believe it to be cause of the Error. All my Counters, Timers, and Messages work fine and updated consistently with no problems. Thanks.

Here's what C-More help has to say about that error.

Illegal command or format. Typical error received from PLC when addressed requested to the PLC does not exist. Usually occurs if memory map has not been expanded in PLC to the range requested from panel.

That sounds like one or more of your tags in the C-More is assigned to a PLC address that doesn't exist.

Touch and hold the upper left corner of the C-More to get to the setup menu and then go to the error log for more detail about which specific address in the PLC the C-More was trying to access when the error was generated.

The helpfile shows
"Note: Discrete I/O is Not Supported by SLC 5/01 and 5/02"

and then you stated
"... when I go to my C-More pages that have I/O indicators ..."

So I think this is probably the problem.

OpZed, I believe you hit it right. I looked thru everything today and all seemed to be correct. And on the info of C-More, it was only I/O which was getting an error. Guess I will have to go at it the long route. Thanks for the reply and confirmation on what I was seeing.