Setting SLC 5/03 time with a C-More TP?

Mike6158

I think that the answer is going to be a resounding Nyet! but I'll ask anyway. Can I set the time and date in a SLC 5/03 with a touch panel? Specifically the C-More line from Direct Logic.

As near as I can tell the answer to the question is no but I thought that I would ask anyway

Just use a consecutive set of integers for Year, Month, Day, Hour , Min and use a pushbutton to copy them to the Status for the clock.

timeset.jpg

That's too easy...

just kidding... I had previously tried writing to S:37 - S:41 from the TP but as you can imagine the clock didn't like that. At least that's what I thought. I haven't actually connected to the PLC and tried it. My little pea brain tells me that trying to write the same thing over and over to the S register will make for a stopped clock.

I was trying to avoid changing the logic in the PLC. I've got the program that's in the PLC and I'm comfortable with adding the logic. My customer was hoping that I could email a pre-programmed touch panel to him and all he would have to do is install it. I'll be in his area in the next few weeks. I'll pre-program the C-More with your suggested method and make the PLC changes once I get there.

Thanks. That's easy enough to do

Saw a mistake above for anyone taking my example literally: I'm using a bit of N7:0 as my Time Set Pushbutton and the N7:0 word for my year. Don't do that unless you want the worlds most intermittent date issue ever.o_O