RSlogix 5000 install

cornbread

Lifetime Supporting Member
Just purchased RSlogix 5000 and instlled the progrma from a CD to my laptop. ifollwed the standard install only to find it only installed the latest version. Seems I need to have other version installed to work with older equipment. In talking with the AB boys they said I have to un-install and re-install selecting what versions I want to load. Said something they have to be installed in order. Is there a way to get around a complete install?

Not that I know of.....

If there is a way round it, it's probably gonna take longer to do, most likely with loads of manual intervention.

Just take the AB tech's advice, uninstall everything, and re-install the whole lot, which once you set it going leaves you free to do otherwise.

Hi;
first tell me what version of rslogix 5000 u want to install and what are already installed on ur compputer?
then i will give u a solution.
Thanks

I've install different versions in different orders. I haven't has an issue. I think the only problem might be the version of the help literature that gets installed.

Yes version 10 to 16 have no problem and run at a same computer but need some minor modification
regards

I have installed the versions in various order without issue. The latest install on windows 7. Installed V19 first, then back and installed the rest. No problems.