Win 7 How to Install Rslinx & RsLogix 5000?

Tugo

hi all, i saw some of the machine vendors able to open Rslogix 5000 on Win 7, anyone can teach me how to do this?

In general, RSLogix 5000 software versions 19 and higher are compatible with Windows 7.

You can compare your Revision of RSLogix 5000 with your operating system using the tools on Rockwell Automatin's Product Compatibility web page:

http://www.rockwellautomation.com/global/support/pcdc.page

If you are asking for hints on how to install a specific unsupported version of RSLogix 5000 or using a specific unsupported version of Windows, please provide as many details as you can about the versions, what you have tried, and what sort of error messages you are getting.

I have had issues with v16 on Windows 7 32 bit, although the same issues have not presented themselves on a clean 64bit install. It installed fine, but crashed when trying to open v16 files. The 32/64 bit may not be the cause, but out of all the versions from 13 upward, version 16 is the only version I've ever had issues with on Windows 7.