analog input example rslogix 5000

yes, the tagname used as "Source A" in the link below is an example ...

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?p=433023&postcount=2

suggestion: people on the forum will be able to help you better if you'll stay in one thread ... this post is directly related to the questions you asked in the last one ...

no offense intended, but this question - taken along with your previous thread - seems to indicate that you're just getting started with this stuff ... if you'll send me a Private Message with your phone number, I'll call you later today and try to talk you through the roughest parts ... sometimes "talking" works better than "typing" ...

Last edited:
and incidentally, here's a fundamental question that I asked back in that other thread:

what type of RTD are you using - and what range of values will you have for the input channel? ... in other words, 4 mA = what temperature? ... 20 mA = what temperature? ...

that information absolutely MUST be nailed down before you can get this project working ... one size does NOT fit all ...

I will have a pt100 RTD connected to a transmitter which will output 4 to 20 Ma. the two wires from the transmitter will connect to the analog input card 1769-IF4I/A The range will be 4 Ma = 0 and 20 Ma = 100 The units will be deg C.
sorry bout creating new thread you can move this to the old thread if you like.
I think what I need is a element to read the 4 to 20 Ma input converting to 0 to 100 deg C then I want to set alarm points Hi and Low to close a XIC bit that will turn on a coil to energise a relay mounted in a panel which will turn on a strobe light

Last edited: