TSX micro

eddiel

hey everyone,

I am tryin to run a simple program that runs two pumps, it is programmed in PL7 junior and i am running it on a TSX 372100 V1.0
With a TSX DMZ 28AR I/O module,

I gety an I/O error light on the PLC when the progam is loaded,
When i access the diagnostic it comes up with an external error, "sensor/actuator supply fault".

I have tried different modula and also another PLC (TSX 3721 V2.0)
but still get the same problem,

I am only new to PLC programming caa anyone please help me out

Cheers

Hi,

Just a few ideas for you to try

do you get the same error if you download a sample or empty project, if so is your hardware configuration correct in your pump project and loaded into the plc.

Try to upload your project and make a comparison with the hardware configuration

Are the I/O module power supplys wired correctly and if fused is power getting to the card?

disconnect all wiring and try again,on these models i believe you can remove the terminal rail without disconnecting all your wiring, if ok either test your wiring or plug in each module one at a time to localise the error if it is a wiring problem

i have programmed a tsx micro 3710 before but used the micro software not the junior maybe something to bear in mind

hope this is of some help to you

Steve :)

Last edited:
TSX Micro I/O Error

Hi

If you go to "Hardware Configuration" you can see witch module as an I/O error. Then you can "Open" (dblclick) the module and choose not to have Supply monitoring.

you should end the error. Assuming that this is the case, you don't have power in the module (110V active in to number 17 and 0 in to number 18 terminals)

Is this the only module used? is this the only module in the configuration?

Hope this help

João

Last edited:
Hey all, When i go to hardware configuration i can not choose to turn supply monitoring off, it wont let me

Cheers

Eddie

Sorry the delay, I just came from New Year’s celebration.
You are right. I just checked and you cannot turn off the power supply monitoring to the module you have. I use 24V modules and didn’t know that the 110V are different. Sorry the wrong information.

Again, I never used an 110V, but with the 24 and 230V modules I use, this error is lack of power supply.

I will go thru the manual tomorrow morning and let you know if I find anything.

João

I/O Module Fault

Eddiel

Attached please find part of the TSX Micro handbook.

Hope this help you solving your problem.

If you need more information please let me know.

João

Thanks for the help guys,

I checked the hardware configuration and it was correct, i have tried everything except rewiring the PLC so i guess thats what i will have to do, if i have any troubles i will post a msg.

Also when i transfer the progarm from the PC to PLC the ERR led flashes, could this be contributing to the problem???

Cheers Eddie

TSX power Supply

hey,

My TSX 3721 V3.0 is powered by 240V but the module ( TSX DMZ 28AR)
has a nominal voltage of 115V, could this be the cause of my I/O error?????

TSX Micro Power Suplly

E eddiel

What voltage do you pass thru your module?

Your module as an input voltage of 110Vac, so this is the voltage you should use to "read the field". As you can see by the handbook I send you last week, the detectors, auxiliary contacts and other inputs should be conected to 110Vac.

The outputs can use 19 to 240Vac or 24Vdc.

You should use external power to inputs and outputs.

TSX Micro Power Suplly

E eddiel

Your module as an input voltage of 110Vac, so this is the voltage you should use to "read the field". As you can see by the handbook I send you last week, the detectors, auxiliary contacts and other inputs should be conected to 110Vac.

João

TSX Micro Power Suplly

Hi eddiel

João

Sorry

Sorry. I did't get the confirmation that the post was acepted and ended with 3 post.

Please ignore 2 of the 3. Thank you

João

Hi
The reason for the fault is the sensor supply monitoring.
Ensure the sensor power supply is correct. 85-132 vac.