FactoryTalk List Input

dblack

I'm fairly new with FactoryTalk and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction for my following application.

I'd like to create a list for logging people in and out of a particular area. People will be added to and removed from the list by an operator (name and phone number required). If there is anyone on the list I'd like to set a tag to trigger an interlock in the PLC.

Does anyone know of a way to create such a list in FactoryTalk?

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

If you're using RS5000 then look in Sample programs at "Lookup Barcode" this should give you some ideas. I think it would be best to do control list in plc and use Factory Talk only to Input Data.

I don't know about Factory Talk, but back when it was called RSView, there was a built-in capability to create a User list, with password for each user. In order to keep the program active, each operator had to log in and type in his user name and password. Where I saw this used, operators did not like it very much, always complaining about how much trouble it was. Many could not remember their Username or Password.