HELP with programming Siemens 226 with Micromaster 420

veljko31

Hello guys,

i am new on this forum,
i need help in programming siemens s7 200 with micromaster 420 that is connected with motor.
I know how to connect plc with inverter.
And also i know how to find tips about programming plc, but it is not helpfull.
There is also USS protocol.

Can someone PLEASE, send me or atach his exemple that works about this.
I need to see that subroutines about uss protocol, and how it is connected and USED and CONRTOLLED in main program.
Also i need to control power of motor in percents (like 10, or 20 percent) and have feedback about amper value.
Please guys, i am alone on this project, and i need that help.

Thanks

ok, now i have just 1 question.

finally connected mm420 and cpu 226, and now when i start the program (already all parameters are set), there is error in uss protocol :Drive did not respond:
Does anyone has any sollution?
Also, can i use ppi protocol and uss protocol at the same time. Beacuse, when i do this kind of programs, i want to watch on my laptop screen what is happening in plc program?

also under Program Block>
right click and make sure you have your library memory configured
This is another easily missed item

Im also assuming your USS_INIT is configured correctly- especially the "Active" input

Last edited:
thanks guys, my another problem is how to send informations,
about current I ampers, to the touch panel.
I know how to read some parameters from invertor, but don't know how to
see that on touch panel.

Hello Veljko;
Once you have established communications with the VFD, using USS in this case, you have associated the different readings from the VFD in specific register addresses of the PLC. so, for example, your current reading from the VFD could be found in a pecific V-address on the S7-200, VW202, for example (depending on what you have done earlier with the USS instructions).
If you want to display them on a HMI station, you must create a 'tag' in the HMI program that will read the specific address in the PLC that you want to display on screen (as stated before, for example VW202), then create an output textbox on your screen that will show this value.
Since you do not give us any information on the make and model of touchscreen (HMI) you are using, it is difficult to be more precise. One suggestion: Open the programming manual of the unit you are using and find out how to create tags associated to a PLC address, and how to display it on screen.
Or tell us more about this HMI unit and programming software so we may help you more.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Ok,

now I am working with Weintek, Weinview MT6070iH. My plc is S7-200, Siemens. I didn't say exactly what I need.

When my program is active in PLC , and it is connected to some HMI, from earlier experience, i know how to read current (actual) parameters from my plc program. Also, same way is to enter some parameters into plc.

But my problem is next. Maybe you did answer me on my question, but i didn't understand. With this HMI and PLC, i also have Micromaster420, and i already know how to start up micromaster with uss protocol.

Also uss protocol has possibility to read and write parameters to MM420. Ok, i know how to enter (write), and how to read those parameters, but as far as i know, that are only fixed (stable) parameters. I need to see on my HMI, how does Hz and Ampers change its value. That is something that can be seen on MM420, if operator is pressing button Fn on keypad of MM420. But I want to take that information and put it on touch panel.

Thanks