connecting PLC using RJ45

Hi there guys!

I set-up a connection of our PLC (GE fanuc 9030) to our computer using RJ 45, I configured the properties in the Ethernet Tab of CPU374, IP address, subnet,gateway.
after that, I downloaded the program to PLC using RS232 first. I expected that after I downloaded it I can connect to PLC using the RJ 45 connector (because the PLC now is on the network). I checked the communication by pinging it using command prompt but it was not detected. any suggestion or correction with my diagram?

Thanks for the help guys.

PLCnetwork.jpg

Still it doesn't connect to PLC. Hmmm Im thinking to set up a small network wherein I can access the PLC through network.

I also want to know why is it that the CPU has 2 ethernet ports? is it for data IN and the other is for data OUT? hehehe thanks guys!

If you haven't already, try removing your "gateway" setting. From your diagram you have this set to the IP address of your router - this is not necessary unless you are trying to bridge systems with two different protocols.

Steve