Get rid of solenoid valve noise induced

Jeff23spl

Hello
i have a problem with 120 vac solenoid valve that break my plc to pc connection when online.

Valves are activated by a push button on the same 120 vac that powers the cpu.

is just a MOV can be enought to solve the issu ? i was looking for a line filter on the plc side but think i should get rid of the noise at the source also...
is there some electronic parts combinaison that will short the voltage peak when i release the valve pushbutton ?

oki i will look for a parts diagram to make my own ...

this is a personal project so i like to do the most i can without buying anything...I have a lot of used parts in stock :)

are you direct contact from PLC or PLC output to relay..
i had face this problem couple of time ..and they way i did it
just add relay contact and common live and nuetral from 1 pole breaker..

are you direct contact from PLC or PLC output to relay..
i had face this problem couple of time ..and they way i did it
just add relay contact and common live and nuetral from 1 pole breaker..

the solenoid are directly connected to 120 vac and a pushbutton switch
no interraction with the plc in or out ...just a common 120v source and i lose the comm to my laptop running a soft hmi or monitoring ladder logic...even if i run the laptop on battery

oki i will look for a parts diagram to make my own ...

this is a personal project so i like to do the most i can without buying anything...I have a lot of used parts in stock :)
.05 uF, 500V ceramic in series with a 47 Ohm 2 Watt. Connect this "Snubber" across the solenoid coil.