PV+600 Alarm Status List w/ String Array

KZIMM

I'm having a problem with the alarm status list displaying strings read from a CompactLogix L35E. My Alarm Setup is set up correctly in regards to the bit of the fault thats occuring. For the alarm message, I have it referencing a string within an array. Which looks like this

/*S:60 {[PLC]FAULT_HMI_CURRENT_TEXT_SCROLL[1]}*/

When I compile the screens, my message displays only the tag as is it is show above, and not the actual data in the string file. I've tried editting this tag in multiple ways but with no success.

The wierd thing is, it shows up find in my Alarm List (Not Alarm Status List).

Has anyone else run into this before?

Hmmm, you're out of luck here... it is a known issue:

• Alarm Status list object behaves as described above. This issue is listed in the Release Notes as a Known Issue and will be resolved in a future release. This object displays the current status of the alarm and ignores embedded tags.
  • Alarm List object works correctly and displays the actual value of the tag and not plain text indicating tag name.
NOTE: This issue should have been fixed as of FactoryTalk View Machine Edition release 6.10.

- fuzzy logic

Last edited:
Aaargh ! Just downloaded v6.10, the issue is still reported in the release notes... :mad:

Technote 27171 assures it has been fixed in this version... not having yet the time to test, I don't know to which resource I've to trust in...

- fuzzy logic

So, finally, I have to confirm the issue has been resolved inside ViewME 6.10... just tested and works fine now.

So are the Release Notes that still report it as a known issue...:mad:

Hope this helps,

- fuzzy logic