omron cqm1 getting online trouble

srummel

trying to get online with cqm1 cpu21 keeps getting failed to connect message. anyone have any ideas. I am using usb to serial converter to use the rs232 port

The RS232 port is not standard. you will need a special cable between the converter and the PLC RS232 port.
it is also not uncommon to have trouble with USB/232 converters. Many here recommend Keyspan but I have never used them. I use the Omron one, it is not inexpensive but has worked with everything I have thrown at it.
Here is a link to Omron cables
http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=349

As above - check your cable - Omron serial ports are not standard.
For example pin 5 is a 5VDC supply for the connection of bluetooth serial ports - that is not standard.