PV600 lost power while downloading to...

padees

A coworker was downloading to a standard panelview 600 and someone shut the machine off. It was about 90% complete when this happened.

Well, the darn thing dont work anymore. Wont boot, cant establish comms...

When powering up, the comm light flashes once, and the fault light blinks fast, nothing else... According to the manual, it is not damaged. It got stuck on my desk today to figure out what the heck is wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

Is it a keypad version or only touch?
If it's a keypad version you can try pressing the left and right arrow keys at the same time to attempt to get to the config. screen.

But, if you aren't even seeing the power-up self tests...it's probably bricked.

One more thing to look for is a blown backlight. If you shine a bright flashlight at the display and view at just the right angle, you may be able to see that it is really working, but with no backlight you won't see anything (or see it very faintly).

Is it a keypad version or only touch?
If it's a keypad version you can try pressing the left and right arrow keys at the same time to attempt to get to the config. screen.

But, if you aren't even seeing the power-up self tests...it's probably bricked.

One more thing to look for is a blown backlight. If you shine a bright flashlight at the display and view at just the right angle, you may be able to see that it is really working, but with no backlight you won't see anything (or see it very faintly).

I didn't think the 600 has a backlight does it?

It is a touch only.

Is there anyway to reset the unit to factory default?

According to the manual, the comm light is supposed to stay on until the self test/boot up is complete, but it only flashes once.

• When you power up press the lower left or right corner of the touch screen (I can't remember for sure which corner it is, although I believe its the left) several times as it's booting up. This should take you to the set-up screen where you can restart the panelview. If this don't work try the following bullet points.
  • I've had several occasion's where I thought the panelview was dead. Most of these times I've left it powered up for several minutes and it finally starts working. Never figured out why.
  • We had one recently where we thought the back light was dead. We took it apart and removed the back light and put the same back light back in and it started working. This one was only six months old. I think it may have been a loose connection.
  • You may want to get it working and hang on to it, they say the panelview standard is being discontinued in December 2012.