Load shedding Scheme

Sorav.Kumar

Dear all,

ill be doing load shedding project for the first time, anybody please provide the control philosophy involving in load shedding concepts.

Turn a circuit breaker off and you shed load.
Be more precise in what you ask. I have no idea what you want.

Under generator power? Time based? Load based? Priority based? You have not provided any usefull information. Does not matter what PLC you use - you need to define what you want to do.
I have programmed power stations - capacity control - load control - load shedding - very complex. I assume you are not heading there but you do not say.

What we need ot hear is
1. What kind of plant you are working in.
2. What kind of support MUST you keep running. Hospital MUST keep power to surgeries, and other patient life support. School may not need to worry about it.
3. What kind of power generation do you have?
4. You do NOT need a PLC to do this. On submarines when we lost AC source and switched to battery we stripped load by manually turning things off.

As Bob said we need more info.

Dan Bentler