OT - Electronic Contactors for 3Ph Motors

chavak

Hi,

In an application I had several 3Ph motors, rated at 250W [6 of them] and 90W [8 of them] to be driven in both forward and reverse direction [for conveyors]. No speed control is required, so are directly fed thru magnetic contactors. The rate of change of direction may occur up to 5 to 6 times a minute.

So looking at the rate, I was wondering is there an electronic version of substitute available in the market. I presume the 3 phase solid state relays are meant for resistive load, correct me if I am wrong. Altough I googled, couldn't find a good choice, any recommendation?

Thankyou

Best Regards

AB has some that are rated for motors and there are other brands also.

I used the AB type on high rate dial index machines.

They worked well for me.

wiedmuller - and others
look at some soft starters also or small VFD's
the small vfd may work out very price competitive after you take in the costs of all other wiring and components.