Profibus PA problem (E+H Flowmeter)

owenmaher

Hello,

I've just commissioned a plant with Profibus PA instrumentation & Siemens S7-417 PLCs (using SIEMENS DP/PA links).
One problem I'm having is with some of the Endress + Hauser Promag 50 flowmeters. They have been commissioned and work prefectly, but then "drop off" the bus. Then only way I've managed to get around the problem is to change the address of the instrument and then download the HW config with the new address. This seems very strange to me!! If I change back to the original address and save, compile & download to the PLC, it won't work. :confused:

I wonder has anyone expenienced similar problems??

Owen Maher.

Might have nothing to do with the E+H stuff...did you check your infrostructure? 1m cable rule, specified PB cable, your busspeed, connectors, end resistors!!, etc.?
See also www.profibus.com
If in doubt, contact a PB center nearby.

How do you set addresses on the devices, via switches or via software?
What type of gsd file have you been using, profile gsd from profibus.org or E+H specific gsd?
As in my experience, there are some combinations of slots in Promag flowmeters that do not work.