Fanuc Series 90-30/no signal from memory bit to coil

mariner

Hello all!
There is a problem with a signal going from a memory bit to coil. If we force the coil it fires a relay, but if we force a memory bit that is before this coil - nothing happens, although while forcing the memory bit(normal open) it become green,but not set the coil high
Could we change out a bit for another and how it should be done? Before I worked with Siemens, so I am quite a newbie here. Thanks

Forced bits? Where are you seeing this bit? Is there a chance that this is not in a subroutine that is being called from the _main? PLC may in stop mode, but not sure if you can force while stopped(never tried).

We use softwear Versa pro and when I open the folder then connect to PLC and go down to that network(like in siemens) then Toggle On a memory bit (it is presented as a normal open contact) it turns in green, but the following coil %Q00038 will not turn green, I mean not go high. Maybe I am wrong and toggle in Fanuc is quite another thing as in Siemens. But how than I could check if the signal is going through from the normal input, than to memory bit %M00095 and than to coil %Q00038?

Instead of a toggle Do a Force on for NO or a force Off for a NC. Then remeber to Remove force. I had a situtation where the %M was on and did not activate the coil. I cant remeber but I think it Was a %G not a %Q is it a valid bit? try changing the Coil to a %M see if it fires if it does change your Coil Variable address

Sorry I was thinking Proficy Machine edition I can right click on the coil or contact and select force. I have not used versapro but still try putting a different coil of the contact you are trying to toggle use a %M coil and see if it fires. If it does change your variable address on the %Q and see what that does. I remeber having a similar issue but mine was sending %G over Genius.
Germany is wonderful this time of year Miss it..:)

Last edited:
Fall is everywhere nice I suppose. Interesting how could I make a loop check sending a signal from input through %M and reach the coil %Q?.Though we have %M as a coil and as input too

If the information you have given us is correct there are a couple possibilities.
1. As I_is_a_noob said, the CPU may be in "Stop" mode.
2. %M29 is being turned "OFF" somewhere between the rung you are using and the end of the program.
To "Toggle" a bit press F12
To "Force" a bit press F11

Thanks all

1.CPU is not in Stop mode.
I assigned %M00100 bit instead of %M00095 and when I forsed/toggled input that connected to the M0100 bit, the last turned green, what was not the case with M00095, but the coil connected to M00100 would not go high anyway and we have no more Q available, just to test

If it routine is being called, and you are not overlapping the %M coil, and you are in run mode with logic equal, and are certain that you are not turning the coil off in logic between the coil and the NO contacts . Then this may be a true mystery....

Dosn't make sense. But for test purposes I made a test and assigned a 650q even though i only had one card with valid 1 to 16 and it went on. just to test change the q see what happens.

toggle.jpg

Strange things Happen With GE that cannot be explained.đź’€
If it routine is being called, and you are not overlapping the %M coil, and you are in run mode with logic equal, and are certain that you are not turning the coil off in logic between the coil and the NO contacts . Then this may be a true mystery....

Today I changed %Q38 for %Q39 and by forcing input bit the %Q39 went high, so questions is, the CPU or Field Control Bus interface unit is fault?
Thanks

You have a %Q with an %M contact before it? If you are sure you are calling the logic and that the plc is running, trace the %M coil back to and actual device. And ensure that it is functional.