problem for communication at MITSUBISHI FX 48 MR

magdyfayad

my company have bought a PLC from MITSUBISHI FX 48 MR and its software GX DEVELOPER 7 and the serial cable for more than eight years , it worked well without any problem as i make download and upload well with the serial cable with the serial com port for PC !!

now i have note book ( lap top ) without serial port , but have usp ports , then i bought an converter which convert from serial to usp and this converter has setup well on the notebook ( as i used this converter for another PLC from SIEMENS and then i make download and up load well , i.e : this converter is good and the notebook show it well ) , each time i want to read or download from PLC an error came " unusable com port please check the com port " !!

i tried many times to match the com port number for the note book and the com port number for software GX DEVELOPER 7 but the same error came " unusable com port please check the com port !!! now i want to read or download to PLC MITSUBISHI FX 48 MR , how ???

thanks

You can change the com port as indicated below.
click 'online' tab, 'transfer setup', then click on 'pc side i/f' 'serial' icon and you get this:

mitsi transfer.jpg

If you open up your 'device manager' it shows what com port has been assigned to your USB connection.

comport.jpg

THANKS

yes i did thes procedure first many times before i put this thread , as i tried to change the number of com at the software developer to match the number at the device manager several times without any response !!!!

but i have not at my software version this selection ( usp got transperent mode ) as i have only number of com and the number of baud rate

also i have not virual serial port at the device manger as i have serial to usp

wait for answer

thanks

Last edited:
may be our software version is an old version as we bought it from about eight years !!! as it must be updated !! which version must be updated to can connect with usp com and how we can obtain this update ??

thanks

the converter is not in my hand now , but i used it for download program for siemens ( logo ) which its cable is serial , and it download well

The only success i have had with Mitsubishi SC09 was with Omron's CS1W-CIF31 and Keyspan's usa-19HS USB Adaptors.

the Logo lead is very basic in comparison to the SC09.

why you do not say i must update the sofwtare version as i attached the image before ??

Your PLC and software are old, but they have worked until you changed to a Laptop without a serial port.

Not all serial converters are equal - you need one with a Prolific chip.

I have wasted Hours on various adaptors which worked on some PLC's and not others.

The adaptors i mentioned above work with Mitsubishi cables.

Update your software if you wish.

thanks for this advice

first i will search to obtain adapter with prolific ship

second , if you think the solution is upgrade spftware , how , and which link ??

thanaks again