PLC 5/250..pyramid integrator fault

PSpal

yesterday, our system of pyramid integrator , PLC 5/250 went in fault mode. The Dh + node is not showing nor there is data communication. We connect by Rslinx but how to upload/download the problem...???Lastly the AB "phone a friend' fellow asked to try the Old IPDS.....in DOS mode..Still out of luck...to found the old software...Is it not possible to view it in RS Logix 5/5000?? Pls help...Probably its just required fault rest & programme downloading... but how to do?????

We had one of these years ago. Chose to replace it with a ControlLogix.

If I remember correctly, you cannot use RSLogix5 or 5000 to communicate to the Pyramid Integrator 5/250. You must use the DOS based software.

Do you have other nodes on the DH+? Can you see them in RSLinx?

My guess is that the card in the integrator failed. Unfortunately, these parts are hard to come by. Good luck.

Oakley is right - The only software for the Pyramid was the old DOS IPDS stuff. It never got migrated over to an RSLogix platform.

And it had to be the IPDS for the 5/250 -- The PLC5 IPDS would not work either. They are two entirely separate platforms. Unfortunately, with both having the PLC5 description, they appeared to be common platforms, but they weren't.

18 hrs it take to sort out...10 hrs to understand RS logix will not work on the old chap....though showing on rs links..4 hrs to arrange IPDS software...get connected quite easily in serial...but resetting "mem fault".....put on downloading on serial...after 3 hrs downloading( completed all the refreshment..in between...)get frustrated & pull the power off..Dh+ get detected..after replacing one module ..15 mins downloading....put the harddisk in safety lock named as "pyramid hard disc!!" ..2 times failure in 15 yrs..and its the worst one...still "googling" why the RS links can show but Rs logix fail...

A lot of things in this world really do require support, training, documentation, and experience, and cannot be solved with ten minutes of Google searches. I am dismayed by your apparent expectation that everything should work the way you assume it does.

Do you have a migration or disaster-recovery plan for this system ? As you have seen, the Pyramid Integrator is getting old enough that support and parts are expensive and can be difficult to get at a moment's notice.

Last edited:
I was going to post a very similar thread to this earlier. We keep getting our resource manager cards come up with the red fault light. No idea why, its totally random. Simply fixed by turning off then.on. just gets frustrating. Especially when both PI crash and we lose all site SCADA