Automation Direct D2 250 plc with ERM module

roni

Hi,
I am currently challenging in a new requirement on my new project. We have delivered a project long year ago using DL-250-1 PLC+ 8 point digital input and output modules. Now, i want to make the same project into another system, where my management is planning to use H2-ERM100 and eliminated PLC for the second system. In addition to this, we have plan to purchase DL 205 I/O base, discrete Input and Output modules. I have went through the manual of H2-ERM100, and checked how to connect H2-ERM100. Could anyone clear me the following doubts?
1. Does the program in the PLC need any changes to meet this requirement? What are the changes to be made in the PLC program?
2. does the input and output modules in the second unit need addressing? if needs, how do we address this? How do PLC understand this address? the same address to be configured in PLC too?
3. is it possible to connect HMI in to this? how does it to connect?
4. if any damage caused to PLC, does it affect the working of the second system?

I need a response from the seniors here.

Awaiting a fast reply,
Thank you,
Rons.

https://cdn.automationdirect.com/static/manuals/h24ermm/h24erm_m.pdf

1 - The ERM card will connect the remote rack to your existing PLC. You will have to program the PLC remote IO.
2 - The setup of the rack is done using a software package. Running ERM Workbench and/or NetEdit - See manual above Chapter 4
3 - HMI would be Ethernet
4- This is just one system. The PLC rack and the remote rack. If the PLC is stopped then both machines will stop.

I hope this helps you out.
Regards,