INDUSOFT- Reviews? Anyone used it?

24fretslater

Hey guys! I'm a long time RSVIEW32 and WONDERWARE program developer for water and wastewater applications. I can't seem to find anyone who has used INDUSOFT! Any kind of advice, reviews, end user contact info, developer contact info, suggestions, warnings, etc etc would be GREATLY appreciated. What do you guys think of INDUSOFT and how do you compare it to RSVIEW and WONDERWARE. Pros? Cons? Is there another, even BETTER SCADA software available perhaps? THANK YOU!

I have used RSView32 and am currently using Wonderware System Platform, but recently we purchased Inductive Automation's Ignition SCADA system and I have to say that it is one of the best SCADA software packages that I have had the opportunity to work with. We looked at Indusoft a couple of years ago, but I wasn't too impressed. If you are looking for a high quality SCADA system you should check out Ignition.

Regards

I agree with KP_EENG, Ignition is one of the best SCADA/HMI software packages available. The new version they are about to release (7.3) has vector graphics support, advanced database connectivity, mobile module (compatible with android and I-stuff), and much more! I already developed a few applications and its a blast to use. Plus you cant beat the price and the software architecture! (Java - Windows, Linux, Mac compatible).

web studio 6.1

Yes I actually used it today. Its not bad but I much prefer Inductive Automation. I have also used Iconics, Wonderware, and RSView. All HMI software is very similar drop some pretty graphics on a screen make some tags, set up comms you get the point.

What are you specifically looking for?
I know you can download a fully functioning trial that lasts 40hrs and their current version is 7.0. A 1500 tag package runs around $500.

Just as a side note Inductive Automations "panel view" type software is FREE!
its functionally the same as the full server package but can only be run on an industrial computer/screen, no web action. Their server package is affordable and incredibly powerful.

-guru

I just started to use it lately and loved it. The software is much more powerful than it looks.