SW Conversion of Siemens S7 PLC to GE PLC

ranjan

Hello

I am looking for a solution as to how to convert the PLC code written in Siemens S7 to the GE PLC format (Proficy Machine Edition).

Any conversion tool , if available , please let me know.

Thank you

Ranjan

The latest PAC systems in the GEIP Proficy ME families will import .xml files, does the S7 system export them? It may give you a start.
From experience I have noticed that it is usually more productive to work from a good sequence of events and start over though. When 'converting' too much time is spent 'learning' the original programmers technique and attempting to merge it with the new programmers way of doing things.

I agree with RussB.
I have done this a few times between different PLC platforms, and I was sorry every time.
A lot depends on how clean the original program is and how good the documentation.
Sometimes you can have a program written by a 'committee' which can be a lot of fun to decipher.
Converting the code is only phase 1, the interesting bit is commissioning.
I suggest you learn the process and do your own program for the new PLC. You will know
how it works and your commissioning time will be less.

Last edited: