Compactlogix and Citect

R.Mati

Hi All,

I have an Allen Bradley PLC (Compactlogix L31) with serial communication into my PC's COM port.
T am trying to read some data from this PLC into CitectSCADA, I have used ABRSLINX driver as a commmunication protocol but not sure how to read a specific address(TAG)from PLC.

My data in Citect is like that:.

------ Boards ---------------------------
Board Name: B1
Boards type: ABRSLINX
Address: 0
the reset of fields are Empty .....

------ Ports ----------------------------
Port name: P1
Special Opt: AB_DF1-1
the reset of fields are Empty....

------- IO Devices ----------------------
IO Device name: Compactlgx
Address: AB:LOCAL,0
Protocol: ABRSLINX3
Port name: P1
the reset of fields are Empty....
------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------
the question again is: what do I need to put in Address field of Varabile Tags form so I can read the tags from PLC.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks

Last edited:
hi again

Hi again,
Still wondring if someone could guide me to the right driver to use to communicated with Compactlogix.:mad:

I am not familiar with Citect, but the Logix Family is Tag based. So, you need to check the Documentation for the proper format to enter the CompactLogix Tag Address.

Stu....