CompactLogix L32E addressing in Citect

daydayplc

If I want to use TCP/IP for communication to AB PLC with Citect,
Which driver should I use? ABCLX TCP/IP??
What's the I/O address format when defining the tags?

Thanks.

ABCLX is the driver to use - I think release 3.03 is the lastest.

Make sure under Citect Project Editor > communication > ports, that the settings for "special opt" has the IP address followed by "/slot" where slot is usually 0 if the CPU is located in slot 0. If it's any other slot, change the number accordingly. eg 192.168.0.10/0

The address in Citect must be exactly the same as the tag in RSLogix. The only issue you may come across is that if you have one tag that has a bad address (either in Citect or the tag does not exist in the PLC), Citect will display #COM for all the CLX tags on that screen. Read the ABCLX driver help on ways to debug bad tags. If you have a large database it's advisable to use arrays ie BOOL[0] to BOOL[99] OR INT[0] to INT[299] etc. The IO server handles it better.

Note: as with most Scada systems communicating with CLX/CMPLGX, try configure your tag database so that the INT's, REAL's, BOOL's etc are grouped together (preferably in arrays). It's more efficient this way (even the Rockwell knowledgebase will tell you this).

Good luck