Citect 7.1- Compactlogix L30 Connection

akash11132

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi All,

I am trying to communicate Citect 7.1 to CompactLogix L30 PLC. I am able to read basic datatypes from the PLC , but structures are not getting read.

I have changed the PLC overhead slice to 50% and made external access as Read/write for all AOIs and programs. Still, I am not able to read the structures(udt) from PLC.

I saw in the driver ABCLX log that the field is not found for structure based PLC tags.The exact message is "FindTag()] Field not found". I have attached the logs here. Can someone help on this issue please. Many thanks.

Adding to the earlier post, The exact error message I am getting for all structured tags is shown below:
[ERROR] [TAG ] [0x00001618] [01/08/2019] [12:05:28.989] [FindTag()] Field not found : ME0104.DOL_Weather.WD01.Alm.PVHigh
[TRACE] [TAG ] [0x00001618] [01/08/2019] [12:05:28.990] [SubscribeDeviceTag()] Subscribe to device Tag subscription : 0x02c84c10

Does this imply that the tag doesn't exist in the PLC?

Updated the ABCLX driver to latest version(ABCLX_4.01.01) and Citect is reading all structure datatypes seamlessly now.

Bumping this thread. I am facing comms issue again between citect 7.1-Compactlogix L30 controller.

I got a few issues with the communication. I am getting “CTAPI could not be opened, sleeping for 5 seconds before retrying” error in the log and none of the tags are subscribed.

I have attached the driver.log here highlighting the errors. Thanks in advance.

Driver_Status.JPG IODevice_Status.JPG

Attachments

• ABCLX_Driver.xlsx
    15.5 KB · Views: 17
One issue I know of using the ABCLX driver is that it took at least 30-40 seconds for the driver to start communication after launching the Citect Runtime. Maybe you need to wait 40-60 seconds before you start seeing values. I even implemented a "splash screen" for the operator that says "Please wait..." before a button appears that said "Click to continue", which goes to the main screen.

Thanks again sigma delta. I have waited for 10 mins until the status read ":Driver not responding". Checked in ABCLX.log and there were errors saying 'CTAPI cannot be opened, sleeping for 5 seconds before retry".

Hi Everyone,
Just new here. Hope everyone is ok during the Covid19 period.
I'm using CitectScada v7.4 trying to communicate to CompactLogix L30ER. Using ABCLX driver version 4.01.01 as per akash11132 advice above. But got issue in Address in Citect.
I created the communication, and then just a single Digital point for testing. Tagname Test1 and Address B3:0/0, and Citect can compile without issue. I can run it and see the communication ok with IODeviceInfo().
However when I create graphic page to view the Digital tag, it shows compile error Incompatible Types at Test1{}.
I tried changing the Address to B3_0_0 which is shown at the RSLogix5000 also same issue.
Just wondering which address format should we use if comm with CitectScada v7.40 and CompactLogix L30ER.
Thanks for sharing and have a good day! Stay safe!