GE Rx3i IC695CMM002 using Modbus

MadPLC

Hi all

I am trying to communicate modbus from this comm module and am having some issues (can't get it to work basicaly). I have followed all the configuration instructions but the one thing that bothers me is the module ok led. It is blinking slowly which means the module has not received configuration from the CPU. I have not been able to find what this actually means in the documentation. I checked the module diagnostics and everything seems to be fine.

Is the rest of the POST passing?
How is the module configured in the hardware configuration of the CPU, what should have been sent to the module during the POST?
What faults, if any are related to this slot in the CPU or I/O fault tables?
What version do you have, -AF Release 1.34 is the latest (11/19/11) on line.

It seems to be posting fine. The comm port led is steady which means there are no faults on any port. I check the fault table and it doesn't show errors that I can determine. As for version I'm not entirely sure where to find that.

By fault table I refer to the CPU's fault table, Double-Click the Green or Blue box next to the Target name either in the Navigator window or on the PME Status Bar.
The version can be found in the -AF or similar after the part number.
How did you configure this module in the CPU?

Thanks for the response Russ
I haven't been programming the GE for long so sorry for the lack of knowledge.
The fault table shows a system configuration mismatch but on the bottom of the online window it shows Config EQ and Logic EQ. This is what is picking at me. The error code it shows is group 11 error code 1 which just means config mismatch according to the manual. It has a long hex number which I assume tells me exactly what the issue is I just have to decipher it.

"the bottom of the online window it shows Config EQ and Logic EQ"
This means that the configuration in PME has been downloaded to the CPU, it does not mean that it is 'correct'. :)

"The fault table shows a system configuration mismatch"
This means that the configuration that was downloaded is not compatible to what the modules need.

This can be caused by a lot of things.
** Could be a bad module
** Could be an incompatible firmware
** Might be a module in the wrong slot
** May be a wrong module listed
What ever, it is likely causing your problem.
Only the factory can interpret the string of hex numbers, this has not been published in total yet.
Backup the project and post it here, maybe someone can spot the error.
Or get the PACsAnalyzer utility on the bottom of this page and post the output file here. While you are there make sure that your PME is up-to-date.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help. It seems there was a problem with the module although I don't know what. I got a replacement and it seems to work now. I appreciate your input, it's good to know people here are helpful and knowledgeable.