Siemens S7 & Profibus PA Link HELP

Coops

Hi all,
Im using a S7-319 PLC and on the profibus network i have a IM153 (6ES7 153-2BA02-0xb0) connected to this i then have 2 PA Couplers FDC 157-0 (6ES7 157-0AC83-0XA0). These couplers are programmed up to have coupler redundancy and are both connected on the end of the same PA network (one at the start/ one at the end). There are a couple of siemens level and flow devices on the PA network.

The Problem: When i just have one PA coupler active the network runs great but as soon as i turn the other one on i get intermittent problems with devices dropping on and off the bus. It doesnt matter which coupler i turn off i get the problem with both devices. BUT as soon as i turn one off the network runs fine, it seems as if they are fighting to take ownership of the network, I would expect one of them to become master and one to sit there until a fault occurs but it dont. The couplers are only setup using S7-Harware manager. The PA field devices are connected up using ASD splitter boxes by Siemens.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Paul