panel 600. Dead touchscreen?

david90

I have a panelview 600 and I'm trying to get into the configuration screen. At start up, I can see a solid white square in the bottom right corner. I tried to press it but nothing happened. The panelview 600 starts up and loads an application. The application has buttons at the bottom of the screen but they are only responsive if I press the upper half of the buttons.

is the last row of the touch screen dead or is there a feature of panelview that makes it not work?

It sounds like the touch portion of your panelview has failed, rendering the little white box unavailable.

I have replaced only the touch screen in those with a spare successfully, but that was many years ago with a monochrome unit, but unless it also has a keypad, I think it will be useless with a screen in that condition, unless it has been wet. I have revived a few wet panelviews of all varieties sometimes for days or longer by partially disassembling them and drying them out.

If its a Panelview Plus 600, the gray faced Panelview you can plug a keyboard with a USB plug, into the PV and press, CTRL, Windows, ALT, DEL, keys to get you to the Configuration screen

it's not panelview 600 plus.

the thing is 90% of the touch screen still work. It's only the bottom row.

the app has a goto config screen button but it requires a pass which I do not know.

It's conclusive that the bottom portion of the touch screen is dead. During post, I held down that portion of the touch screen and the post didn't give me a stuck key error.

the app has a goto config screen button but it requires a pass which I do not know.

Do you have an offline copy from which to retrieve the password? Can you upload the application? Can you download an edited copy of that application (with everything moved up one cell)?

Do you have an offline copy from which to retrieve the password? Can you upload the application? Can you download an edited copy of that application (with everything moved up one cell)?

I'm just trying to evaluate the panelview 600 to see if it is 100% functional. I'm not trying to fix the problem.

I've seen many many panel view, in my case 550 with no keys, go wrong in the bottom part. A couple months ago we sent a couple of them to AB for analysis, because its was happening constantly.So AB said that the right bottom corner showed repetitive pressing and that it was normal wear of the screen. We noticed that in every screen, in that corner there was a go to main menu button. What did we do? In the beginning we made one panel view out of 2, whenever it was possible. Now we added an extra wired button next to the panel view and it takes care of the go to main button thing.

To summarize the panel views can only be fixed if you got an spare touchscreen membrane. Hope this can help you.