RSView32-RecipePro

garym4569

How can I keep RecipePro in RSView32 from omitting the leading 0 in my data set. For example, my recipe data value is .123, but when this value is downloaded to the SLC5/04, the value becomes 0.123 which causes the RecipePro's data verification to give error that the data does not match. I need the recipe data to be stay as entered and not omit 0 (0.123)

Is this possible?

Thanks in Advance.
Gary

Gary,

In general, the RSView data display is programmable to display the number of data characters, the number of decimal places, and whether you want leading 0's or blanks if there is no whole number (see RSView Numeric Display setup example below). Apparently your display is set for leading zeroes, and the Field Length may be 1 less than you need to produce a fractional number with the leading 0.

RSView Leading Zeroes.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, but I am talking about the data entry fields within the RecipePro editor. See the attached image. I need the leading zero in the .8 field so the data will pass verification once downloaded the the PLC. Once downloaded, the value in the data table will be 0.8

RecipePro.jpg

Yes, I know. You have to find where the data is formatted in RecipePro, and change it to have the leading 0. (I thought that is what I said already, using the general case of a data field in RSView.)