Citect - Variables held in hard disk file

matt_sd

Hello,

Some variables in an old Citect program (V5.42) are hash comms. After some investigation, I have noticed that they are not looking at the PLC but a hard disk file:-

Here are a selection of the variables from variables.dbf:-
ADDR RAW_ZERO RAW_FULL ENG_ZERO ENG_FULL ENG_UNITS FORMAT COMMENT
Disp_Time_Cycl1 INT HardDisk I0400 0 2359 0 2359 #### B1C1 start time reminder.
Disp_Time_Cycl2 INT HardDisk I0401 0 2359 0 2359 #### b1c2 reminder start time

Units.DBF:-
SERVER NAME NUMBER ADDR PROTOCOL PORT
IOSERVER PLC 1 100.100.100.2 KOYONET205 PORT1_BOARD1
IOServer HardDisk 2 [tags]:Harddisk.dsk GENERIC DISKDRV
IOServer Alarm_Devices 3 ALARM ALARM

The Harddisk.dsk file was lost when the Scada PC crashed.

You can see the variables are just reminder times.

How/where do I create the Harddisk.dsk file and anyone know the format of how I will populate the variables in there for Citect to read instead of displaying hash comms?

Thanks for any help

Matt

This is a PLC on the hard disk I believe. It should have been saved in the backup.
Have a look in Citect help for the PLC on the hard disk.
I think it is called 'disk PLC' or something similar.

Hi Matt,

Sounds like the "Harddisk.dsk" file has not created it self when Citect was first started on your new PC. I'd say the reason for this is that there is a path substitution shown in your post called [tags]. In older versions of Citect the folders associated with the path were not automatically generated, you would have to create them first. Path substitution is normally defined within the Citect.ini file, but it sounds like that has been lost too.

Look up path substitution in the Citect help and you will see how to create a substitution for [tags].

Hope this helps.

Andy

Thanks Bob and Andy

Andy - that was it!
I searched on Substitution and put a full path in
c:\citect_PLC\Harddisk.dsk instead of the substitute [tags]:Harddisk.dsk as tags substitute wasnt in the citect.ini

The harddisk.dsk was recreated when I ran the project and no longer hash comms but variables I can read and write.

Thanks Heaps Andy

Regards

Matt