High Speed Pulse Train Echo

Jack Brown

I'm using an Allen Bradley ML 1400 PLC. I want to take a pulse train into the PLC
which can vary from 0-3000hz and echo it to an output from the PLC. Basically pass the pulse train through the PLC unchanged 1 pulse in, 1 pulse out. The PLC has high speed inputs capable of 100k hz operation it also has high speed FET outputs. The high speed counter runs independent of the regular scan time of the PLC. Is it possible to use the PTOX command to do this echoing? Has anyone tried something like this?

interesting the hsc input acc would have eximaned in the ladder than wrote to the output I think this would cause an ofset in the timing by at least 1 scan?

Unless you need to modify the pulse train I wouldn't go through the PLC, just split the incoming signal, one channel to your PLC and the second to the other device. You can do this with a purpose made/designed splitter or use opto-isolators.

it is impossible as the outputs must run on the ladder, the counter is independent of anything, just counts and when asked for it gives the number.
when you want a switch just use a standard relays on an output and use the input parallel to this relais.
You could use a repeater or optocoupler.