CPU315 not found

BoTJe_84

Hellow,

I'm tring to create a hardware configuration but I cannot find the following card:

315-2FH13-0AB0 (CPU315F-2 PN/DP)

I have Simativ Step 7 v5.3 SP 3. I already did an install HW Updates.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

Unfortunately hardware types are only possible to upgrade to in the HW Config, if the basic type already exists in the STEP7 version.

The CPU 6ES7315-2FH13-0AB0 requires STEP7 v5.4 + SP2 or higher.
As an alternative, you can try the CPU 6ES7315-2FH10-0AB0 which requires STEP7 v5.3 + SP3 or higher.
Normally you can program a newer CPU by using the previous type, if only the basic type is the same.

The more proper solution would be to upgrade your STEP7 to the current version 5.5+SP1.

Unfortunately hardware types are only possible to upgrade to in the HW Config, if the basic type already exists in the STEP7 version.

The CPU 6ES7315-2FH13-0AB0 requires STEP7 v5.4 + SP2 or higher.
As an alternative, you can try the CPU 6ES7315-2FH10-0AB0 which requires STEP7 v5.3 + SP3 or higher.
Normally you can program a newer CPU by using the previous type, if only the basic type is the same.

The more proper solution would be to upgrade your STEP7 to the current version 5.5+SP1.

Thx for the quick reply guys !

Unfortunately, i don't find the 6ES7315-2FH10-0AB0 either.

How can ik find this one?

I have found the gsd file, but when I install it, it doesn't show in the library!

edit : I just saw that my Step 7 version is the : v5.3 + HF2. Is there a free way to upgrade?

Thx!

That was the solution indeed.

New problem :

Via profibus there are two modules that are attached to my plc :

- DP/ASi Link : 6GK1 415 2BA10

- DP / ASi F-Link : 3RK3141-2CD10

Again, i can't find them in the library. I've downloaded the gsd file (http://support.automation.siemens.c...objaction=csview&extranet=standard&viewreg=WW) but with no succes! Is this also a problem with my older version of the program ?

You can always import Profibus slave devices by means of the GSD file, independant of what version your STEP7 is. Normally devices imported via a GSD file can be found in the HW Catalog under "Profibus DP" .. "Additional Field Devices".

Dont know about the safety ASi device. May be dependant on that you have the correct version of "Distributed Safety".