SMS from Micrologix 1400

randheer1

Hi All,

I found a lot of threads in this forum for sending SMS from AB PLCs but unfortunately none of those helped me.

I have send message through Hyperterminal successfully using the code,

AT
OK
AT+CMGF=1
OK
AT+CMGS="+919846876321"
> HI

From my understanding I have to send the same AT code from PLC through ASCII.

I'm using ML1400 (RSlogix 500).

In channel configuration
1.General:: 1st append character is \d and 2nd append character is \a.
2.Channel 2:: Termination 1 is \d and Termination 2 is \ff

I'm new to ASCII code, so don't know whether to use AWT or AWA for this application.

For sending the above code to modem from PLC, do I need multiple AWA(or AWT) blocks or the above AT commands can be combined and can be send as a single string?

How to make use of append (1 & 2) characters in Channel configuration and also the Termination (1 & 2)

Do any one have a full .RSS file to demonstrate the working of sending message from a PLC using RSlogix500?

I got some .RSS file from this forum but were not complete...