hmi communications problems with ab 1500

Bedfordia

Our old maple systems hmi burned up and some of the damage was right at the rs232 port, we ordered a new one preprogrammed with all the comm parameters already set but we get an error message that it can't communicate with the plc. I have a feeling that the failure of the hmi port may have damaged the comm port on the plc. I also tried communicating directly with the port using rslinx and it cant find the port either.

My question is, is the communication hardware located on the chassis where the port physically is or is it in the processor module. we are trying to fix this as cheaply as possible. any help you can give me would be appreciated.

My question is, is the communication hardware located on the chassis where the port physically is or is it in the processor module.
Communication hardware is located where the port physically is. Is your microprocessor still working? Will it go into RUN mode? Does it show a fault light?

Also, the RS232 port on the Micrologix can be configured a number of different ways, so be sure those settings in the controller match the RSLinx settings you were trying before you write off the unit as D.O.A.

You can force the Micrologix1500 to the default comms setting by pressing the DCOMM button under the cover for at least 2 seconds.

This will set it back to DF1 @ 19.2kbaud.