Micrologix 1100 with HMI

xltek

any body knows that 1100 could use ethernet port for HMI communication as normal ethernet/TCP dose? thanks a lot in advance. waiting

I'm not really sure what you are asking but I'll take a shot. Generally ethernet port on the 1100 will allow communications with an HMI. I would assume that most HMI's with ethernet ports would have the appropriate protocols to handle this.

There really is no "regular" Ethernet.

You have to have a specific protocol in mind when communicating over an Ethernet network.

Some of these protocols are:

• Ethernet I/P
  • Modbus TCP/IP
  • EtherCAT
  • ProfiNET
  • Sercos III

In the world of Allen Bradley, Ethernet I/P is the most common. For generic communications Modbus TCP/IP would be the most common protocol.

When devices need to communicate, they need to "talk" the same protocol. For instance, you and I may be able to call each other on a phone line, but if you only speak Mandarin and I only speak English then we cannot communicate even though we are both connected on the phone wires (or airwaves). The Ethernet cable is like the phone lines, the protocol is like the language.

Hope this helps.

Are you asking if a micrologix 1100 can connect to a HMI using the ethernet port?

If so the answer is yes, you would just need to configue the ethernet port and assign an IP address.

Remember to use a straight through cable if going into a hub / switch etc or a crossover if going direct.

Mike

Are you asking if a micrologix 1100 can connect to a HMI using the ethernet port?

If so the answer is yes, you would just need to configue the ethernet port and assign an IP address.

You can connect them, but will they talk? Reread ndzied1's post #3.