Micrologix 1100 and Advanced Hmi

Ok I finally figured it out. I really didn't think it would be an issue, but I was wrong. So my network card has wifi and ethernet. I disabled my wifi entirely and ran the program, it works perfectly now. The whole time Advanced HMI has either been looking for the ML1100 over wifi, or the wifi connection was preventing it from connecting through ethernet. Either way, disabling wifi solved the problem! Thanks to everyone who has tried to help me along the way! (ALSO, I did end up using the EthernetIPforSLCMicroCom driver, and rslinx can be active while running advanced HMI. I assume you were correct in that it only needs to be off when connecting through a serial port) Thanks again!

Good catch! I've had issues in the past, especially using virtual machines, with the wifi connection confusing things. I would have to turn off wifi, connect to the PLC, and then turn wifi back on. I haven't had that issue here at my current location, though. There could be a setting somewhere from the IT department that's confusing the issue.

that it only needs to be off when connecting through a serial port) Thanks again!

Correct. That is just the nature of serial ports. Only one thing can have access to them at a time. Ethernet obviously isn't that way.

BTW, the pylogix readme explicitly states that it does not support PLC5, SLC and MicroLogix controllers.

github said:
pylogix is a communication driver that lets you easily read/write values from tags in Rockwell Automation ControlLogix, CompactLogix and Micro8xx PLC's over Ethernet I/P using Python. Only PLC's that are programmed with RSLogix5000/Studio5000 or Connected Components Workbench (Micro8xx), models like PLC5, SLC, MicroLogix are not supported. They use a different protocol, which I have no plans to support. You can also connect to RSEmulate, but it may require additional configuration. See the Emulate document for more information.

Lastly, just wanted to clear something up, you have mentioned a couple times about not being able to use "tags" because of your version of RSLogix500. No version of RSLogix500 supports "tags". This concept didn't come until RSLogix5000, which is the software package for programming ControlLogix and CompactLogix PLC's exclusively. This newer platform introduced the concept of tags rather than data files. All PLC2/PLC5/SLC and MicroLogix PLC's used the concept of data files, none of them have the ability to create "tags".