Ac, dc input module

PERSPOLIS

HI
Refer to the attachment,please correct me if I am wrong:
1- terminal 1 and 2 connected to supply either DC or AC.
2- terminal 3 is positive dc voltage connected to.
3- terminal 5 is negative or common voltage connected to.
4- terminal 4 is positive voltage output.

INPUT MODULE 2.JPG

Terminals 1, 2, 3, and 5 are correct.
Terminal 4 is a sinking output. Normally, terminal 4 is high via the 4700 Ohm pullup resistor. When you put a positive signal on 3, the NPN transistor will connect terminal 4 to terminal 5, dropping the voltage to near zero.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. What is the usual practice according to get the output (input)at terminal 4 turn on Vac,Vdc or V Logic. how this output applied to plc as input any example of its use.

I am curious why you are asking about this. Most PLCs provide for optical isolation and level conversion in their standard input configurations.

This type of isolation/conversion module is chosen with two parameters in mind, the type of signal being applied to terminals 1,2 and the logic level voltage of the computing device (PLC?) to which it is being attached.

If you were to use this module with the illustrated mounting rack connected to a PLC input module then it would be best to use a module which requires a sinking type input.

If you clarify the type of PLC and expected use we may be able to provide more help.

Took a second look. These are OPTO22 modules. Pins 1&2 are the input, not power supply. They go out to the real world. The other 3 terminals are on the interface board, and connect to the CPU/Brain Board. IDC5. Rack.
These were common with PC based control systems. Rack board connects with ribbon cable to a 24 channel board in the PC. Popular with OEM's.
OPTO22 still sells these, but have come a long way with more advanced/integrated products.

Thanking you all for the reply.We have some old machines which use I/O board to and from plc. I am curious how the input module works is it the logic voltage is always connected to module and terminal 1& 2 connected to real world devices or logic voltage is interupted to get output logic voltage from terminal 3
I hope you can understand my point of view. Any example with circuit diagram. Thanks a lot

1&2 to real world. 3 is logic supply - always connected. 4&5 to CPU.
These are always used with mounting boards , and that's where you get the schematic. See this link from Grayhill.