iFix - Reading an array of Reals from ControlLogix via RSLinx OPC Server

BAJ

Can anyone tell me the proper I/O address format to use for doing this? I've done this a million times with Modicon, but that driver doesn't require any special formatting.

I've got an array in the CLx PLC of 20 Reals I want to display in View. Here's what I've tried.

CT;Data;[CT]IFIX_RECIPE_FOOTAGE_STEP;No Access Path
CT;Data;[CT]IFIX_RECIPE_FOOTAGE_STEP[0];No Access Path
CT;Data;[CT]IFIX_RECIPE_FOOTAGE_STEP[0],L20;No Access Path
CT;Data;[CT]IFIX_RECIPE_FOOTAGE_STEP[0],R20;No Access Path
CT;Data;[CT]IFIX_RECIPE_FOOTAGE_STEP[0],F20;No Access Path

I can't seem to find any literature on this, google searches gave me some ideas but nothing worked. The first two produce the same value (element 0) for all array references in View (.F_0, .F_1, .F_10, etc.). The last three result in ???.

Thanks,
-Brad

Last edited:
Yes, Its a delayed reply!!!

Eg:

Assign "CT;Data;[CT]IFIX_RECIPE_FOOTAGE_STEP;No Access Path" to a Register(AR or DR) tag in iFix database, say 'TAG1'.

To view this value the normal procedure will be connecting TAG1 to a data link stamper, Source address format will be like 'FIX32.NODENAME.TAG1.F_CV'. As it is a register value, you have edit it little bit like,

FIX32.NODENAME.TAG1.F_0
FIX32.NODENAME.TAG1.F_1
FIX32.NODENAME.TAG1.F_2
FIX32.NODENAME.TAG1.F_3 etc... and connect to data link stampers.